The Liebster Award

Monday 20 October 2014


I was nominated by the lovely Bernadette from The Bumbling Bookworm for this award which was very exciting, so thank you! 


There isn't just one winner as such, but rather it's a way of promoting smaller blogs and for bloggers to support each other.

Here are the rules:
  • Link & Thank the blogger who nominated you
  • Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
  • Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
  • Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!

So let's do this!

  1. When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging at the end of 2013 with Stephanie at Chasm of Books because she was looking for a co-blogger and I was looking for an opportunity to share my thoughts on books and other bookish things. I then started my own blog this year right here at Genie In A Book!

What book have you been wanting to read for a while but haven’t read yet?

Among others, I've had Pivot Point sitting on my shelf unread for ages now, and I think it's time I finally started it. 

Has a book ever made you want to travel somewhere, and if so where?
Reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins reinforced the fact that I would love to go to Paris one day!


How do you choose what book to read next: are you a mood reader or do you stick to a schedule?
This depends on my blog schedule - usually I'll try to stick to what's on the calendar, but I try to balance that with other books I've borrowed from the library or that I simply can't wait to read for another second.

Where is your favourite place to read?
On my bed with a bunch of pillows.

Which do you prefer: reading the book before watching the movie adaptation, vice versa, or neither?
I generally try to read the book before I watch the movie if I've heard good things about it, but with others I don't really mind.

What’s your favourite book cover?
17234658
I just can't get over how beautiful it is.

When was the last time a book made you cry?
Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor was a tearjerker - books about cancer always seem to make me cry. 

What was your favourite book and author as a child?
Tough question! I remember a lot of the picture books I loved to read (and I still have them in a box somewhere), but when I was a little bit older I still remember loving the Thora series by Gillian Johnson. Novels by Roald Dahl definitely are up there too - with The BFG as my personal favourite. 

Do you prefer to read e-books or physical books?
Although I don't mind reading on my e-reader, physical books will always top that. Nothing compares to holding a book in your hands and flipping through the pages. 


If you had to recommend one book for me to read, what would it be?
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith is one of my favourite classics, which I would definitely recommend!


I nominate:

Joy & Alana @ Thoughts by J
Ely & Chami @ A Book So Fathomless
Ebony @ Daring Damsels
Angel @ Angel Reads


And your questions are:

  1. What is your favourite thing about book blogging?
  2. How long have you been blogging for?
  3. Who is your favourite author of all time?
  4. How do you decide what to read next off your TBR?
  5. Do you generally prefer standalones or series?
  6. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
  7. Paperbacks, hardbacks, or ebooks - what's your favourite reading format?
  8. If you've been to any, what has been your favourite book event so far?
  9. What one author would you most love to meet in person?
  10. What is your favourite genre to read and why?
  11. What is the last book you read that you'd recommend to anyone?

Hope you enjoyed this post, and thanks again to Bernadette for the award!

7 comments :

  1. Definitely read Pivot Point! Have you read Between the Lives? Similar concept, but I liked them both equally :) And yep, that cover of A Thousand Pieces of You is INCREDIBLY gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to it soon Emily! I haven't read Between the Lives yet, but that's another Jessica Shirvington book which I've heard fantastic things about :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the Liebster Award, Eugenia :D

    I really want to read Pivot Point, too. I got the sequel in hardback for six dollars, so that's incentive for me to buy PP in hardback too, right??

    I am SO in love with the cover for A Thousand Pieces of You. I cannot even with its prettiness. I wanted to read it before I knew it was about, simply because of that gorgeous cover!

    I love my e-readers, too, but like you, physical books will always be #1. I like holding books and smelling books, and being able to see just how much I have left before I finish it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chiara :) Well, I suppose you're already halfway there - might as well get the first book too ;)
      I think A Thousand Pieces of You will be a tough cover to top in terms of general amazigness - but time will tell I suppose!
      Yep, you just can't beat a physical book - there's no experience like it.

      Delete
  3. Pivot point was great! You should definitely read it. And I agree--the cover for A Thousand Pieces of You is seriously amazing. Kudos to whoever designed/made that cover, because I have the feeling it'll draw in a lot of potential readers (like me) that are cover snobs haha. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will then! I think we can all be cover snobs sometimes - if a cover is undeniably pretty and the premise already sounds good then I'm ten times more likely to read it!

      Delete
  4. You're very welcome! That cover for A Thousand Pieces of You is STUNNING, I saw it in Big W the other day and it's just as pretty in person - that doesn't always happen. And I completely agree about Anna and Paris, I really want to go there! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!