Genie's Weekly News (38)

Sunday 5 July 2015


Hi everyone and welcome to my weekly blog feature to recap the week with bookish news and what to expect coming up! So without further ado...

*Reading Right Now*


23524565


Historical fiction in the French Revolution? Love.

*Previous Posts*


*Recommendation of the Week*

25248094


In my opinion - the hype was well worth it!


*From The Interwebs*


*Haul*

Thank you to Text Publishing Australia for the review copy!

Adrift by Paul Griffin - Five friends lost at sea? Now this could get interesting...

Throne of Glass/Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - FINALLY I have bought at least a couple of the books in this series, and I'm looking to get the rest soon so I can read the whole series so far before Queen of Shadows comes out.

End of Days by Susan Ee - I still haven't read the second book in the series even though I own it, but I saw this and wanted to complete the set. Now at least when I do read World After I can get to this one straight after.

*Other News*

HOW IS THERE ONLY ONE WEEK OF HOLIDAYS LEFT?



Okay, so admittedly that *is* a little melodramatic - but seriously, I don't know where the time has gone.


*Movie Reactions*

I went to the movies twice this week actually - to see two very different films, but both which I really enjoyed:

1. Inside Out


This movie was as I had hoped - really good! Not only was it cute and funny in all the right places, but showed in a realistic way how different emotions and experiences can shape who we are. Definitely recommend for kids and adults alike!

2. Terminator Genysis


Wow - talk about action-packed! Good ol' Arnie came back in this film looking a little older, but 'old, not obsolete'. This mind-bending movie had time travel, a fantastic cast with Aussie actors Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke and awesome special effects. Emilia Clarke also played perfectly as a strong female lead, and there was never a dull moment! This is a blockbuster that will keep moviegoers coming back to the franchise.

Over to you - what do you think of my book and movie roundup this week?


6 comments :

  1. I've been seeing a lot of great things about TSLoMB and can't wait to read it! Sounds like you've had a great week (not just one, but TWO movies--yay!!!!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you to get to read it Jessica! It's shocking and has twists and just WOW. I know - two movies was pretty fun, I'm so glad I liked both of them :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so eager to see Inside Out. Yes, I'm in my 30's... yes, I still love Disney... and no, I'm not ashamed. :) Looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely nothing to be ashamed of! Animated movies can be for every generation, and this one is probably the most relatable I've seen. Hope you enjoy it too Lisa :)

      Delete
  3. i really want to see inside out because i heard awesome things! i feel like i'll never be too old for pixar. what warded me off from minnow bly was just the idea. for some reason, i didn't interest me but i'm glad that you say the hype is well deserving. i might try it - even though it's out of my comfort zone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best Pixar movies I've seen for sure, and really does tug at the heartstrings too. Minnow Bly is so different and shocking, I hope you do give it a try just to see how it goes :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!