Introducing Title Tangents!

Monday 18 January 2016



Hi everyone! For a little while now I've been thinking about starting my own blog feature to not only add more variety to my posts here, but also give you all a chance to get involved. And so, I introduce you to 'Title Tangents'!

How The Idea Came About

Going through my old boxes of school things for storage, I came across some old exercise books from primary school. Each week with our 'spelling words' we had to choose a certain number and use them to include in a paragraph. Well, instead of making this 'homework', I thought why not take a bookish spin on it and inspire some more creativity!

How It Works


  1. Every two weeks there will be a list of 5-10 books whose titles you have to somehow integrate into a paragraph of ~ 200 words. This is just a rough guide, if you are a little under/over it's up to you :) (I don't think anyone is going to be sitting there counting the words on the screen, and definitely not me!)
  2. Highlight/use a different coloured font for the titles
  3. The fun thing is, it can be as whimsical or realistic, serious or downright hilarious - the situations those titles find themselves have endless possibilities. The characters, settings, and whether there's dialogue or not are entirely your choices
  4. Take a screenshot/type up your paragraph 
  5. Link back to Genie In A Book with the blog banner on your post
  6. There will be an optional theme each week, such as book titles from a particular genre, author, series etc. which I'll put to a vote


This Week's Selection



My Title Tangents













Vote for Next Week's Theme




Share Your Title Tangents!

24 comments :

  1. This is really interesting!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun! I just wrote my own post and have it scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks for hosting this, Eugenia! I love the idea and I love the paragraph you wrote!

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post Ally, thanks for participating!

      Delete
  3. THIS IS SO COOL!! I love it. And it reminds me that I should really bring loony blurbs back one of these days...

    Can't wait to come up with my paragraph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant idea, utterly brilliant!I'm definitely going to be participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, LOVE the concept! SO unique! I struggle horrendously at coming up with new features, and this is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara - it took a lot of brainstorming but I'm glad I got there!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun and unique concept Genie, it would definitely be challenging and you did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so in love with this idea! And the result was mesmerizing - I hung on to every word <3

    ~ Booknut101 @ 21st Century Once Upon A Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Booknut glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  8. Ahh this is SUCH a good idea!! And I love what you came up with...it's nearly poetic, omg. Good on you for starting something this awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, that's a big compliment! Thanks Cait :)

      Delete
  9. This is so creative and you did an excellent job with it <3 I hope you'll do a scifi or fantasy next, if only because those titles would be quite the challenge XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this is such an awesome idea! YAY I'm glad you know about 738 Days, doesn't it sound great??

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound great - I definitely must read it one day :)

      Delete
  11. Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I loved this idea so much, I went ahead and did it on my own blog even though it was originally linked up almost a year ago, lol. Thanks for the cool post idea! :)


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this with me Alexa! I'll be re-launching it here soon :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!