Waiting on Wednesday: Freya

Wednesday 2 August 2017


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where the participants tell their readers about an upcoming release they are waiting to read. This week I've picked Freya by Anthony Quinn. 


Freya Wyley meets Nancy Holdaway amid the wild celebrations of VE Day, the prelude to a devoted and competitive friendship…

Freya, ambitious and outspoken, pursues a career on Fleet Street while Nancy, less self-confident, struggles to get her first novel published.
Both friends become entangled with Robert Cosway, a charismatic young man whose own ambition will have a momentous bearing on their lives.

Flitting from war-haunted Oxford to the bright new shallows of the 1960s, Freya plots the unpredictable course of a woman’s life and loves in extraordinary times.

Technically the hardcover of this book was released last year, but when I first heard about it from a customer at a bookstore just recently I thought that this new edition deserved a mention. Stories about friendships and writing are ones I'm immediately drawn to, and with the historical slant I can see this being something I'd really enjoy.

Releasing 14th August 2017 from Penguin

2 comments :

  1. I haven't heard of this one before, but it definitely sounds intriguing! :) I'm definitely going to have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could put it on your radar Zoe, hope you get to reading it :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!