#LoveOzYABloggers - Sci-fi

Tuesday 15 August 2017


Sci-fi

The YA sci-fi novels by Australian authors represent some of the best I've ever read. They present characters who are pushed to their very limits - at the end of the tether holding them to earth, as well as into the dark reaches of the universe beyond. 

Disruption Duology by Jessica Shirvington

In a future where technology has evolved to the point where big businesses drive how people live their lives, and 'M-Bands' are all the rage, Jessica Shirvington's high-octane duology doesn't miss a beat. Maggie the protagonist is the perfect combination of snarky and whip-smart, and her personal quest to find out what happened to her father and bring down the bad guys is full of edge-of-your-seat action. Read Disruption and as soon as you finish the last page you'll *need* to get right onto the next book Corruption - it's that good.

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

ALL THE HYPE is probably one of the best ways to describe this book, and I'm sure it's going to feature on many lists for this week's prompt...but why shouldn't it? It is mind-blowingly amazing after all. Unconventional, heart-stopping and oh-so-addictive...if you haven't read this yet, finish reading this sentence and then get yourself a copy!

Genesis by Lara Morgan

There will always be a special place on my all-time favourites shelf for The Rosie Black Chronicles by Lara Morgan. The first book in the trilogy, Genesis, was published back in 2010, but even with all the shiny new releases in the genre since then ,it has stood the test of time as a memorable and truly gripping saga. From the very first page the thrill begins, and the momentum never wavers. 


#LoveOzYABloggers is hosted by #LoveOzYA, a community led organisation dedicated to promoting Australian young adult literature. Keep up to date with all new Aussie YA releases with their monthly newsletter, or find out what’s happening with News and Events, or submit your own!

6 comments :

  1. I'm so hesitant to read more from Jessica Shirvington... I was so unimpressed by the first book in her... first series (I've even forgotten the name... Embrace?). But. I have Illuminae and Genesis on my list of TBR. I actually tried picking up Illuminae at one point but got. Kind of. Bored. So... this is awkward. :T

    I hope that when I do pick it up again I can get into it. So. We'll see. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unfortunate you didn't like her first series, I haven't gotten the chanve to read those yet. I can definitely say that these are amazing though, I'd definitely recommend giving them a try! Illuminae may take some time to warm to at the start, but once you get into the different writing style the pace really picks up.

      Delete
  2. I still need to pick up The Rosie Black Chronicles, you actually recommended it to me aaaages ago and I couldn't find a copy online at the time. That reminds me to try again. I've been struggling to find a lot of out of print editions lately. Disruption still remains one of my favourite dystopian reads. The banter and brilliance makes me want to reread it again soon. I wonder if she's working on anything new. Brilliant choices Genie <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so hard to come by now, I hope it does go back into print so more people can read it! I agree, and I hope she does come back with a new release soon. Thanks Kelly!

      Delete
  3. YES TO ILLUMINAE! One of my favorite books of all time. :) I'm so glad it's on your list. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so good - I love to find books out there which play with form and narrative style. Thanks Zoe!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment below - I love reading them!